Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Connell <ch...@issolutions.co.uk> on 2004/09/24 13:41:46 UTC

Couple of questions with SA 3.0

Hi,
I have installed spamassassin 3.0 on an email gateway, I noticed on a
debug it threw out an error with the line

check_mx_attempts 0

config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: check_mx_attempts 0

Is this option disabled or removed in 3.0?

Secondly, I have installed pyzor 0.4.0 but find it is slowing it down
(since I am running it on a mail gateway) with mailscanner, the reason I
guess is because the script is called each time.

With DCC I am running dccifd with a socket which speeds it up, does
anyone know if this is possible with pyzor. I have seen you can use
something called readyexec and use a socket but don't know how to
integrate it with spamassassin.

Thanks
Chris

Re: Couple of questions with SA 3.0

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 07:41 AM 9/24/2004, Chris Connell wrote:
>Hi,
>I have installed spamassassin 3.0 on an email gateway, I noticed on a
>debug it threw out an error with the line
>
>check_mx_attempts 0
>
>config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: check_mx_attempts 0
>
>Is this option disabled or removed in 3.0?

Looking at the SA 3.0 code, the MX_FOR_FROM test uses different code, which
seems to be based on the same "queued in background" code that the RBL
checks use. This seems to be a much more efficient way to do it anyway.

>Secondly, I have installed pyzor 0.4.0

I can't help you with pyzor.. I don't use it.. (I find DCC, Razor 2.61,
DNSBLs and surbl a sufficient group of net checks)