Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Naess, Ronny" <Ro...@avinor.no> on 2007/05/15 10:25:55 UTC

Reindex and initialization

Hi.

I want to have a script for reindexing. I copied the recrawl script made
by the author of this tutorial
http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2006/02/16/introduction-to-nutch-2.htm
I am running into some trouble with UnsupportedClassVersionError
(Unsupported major.minor version 49.0). I have tried both java 1.5 and
1.4. I am using Nutch 0.9.

I there are other or better ways to reindex I will be happy for any
hints or help in that area.

Also, is the problem with reinit of new index still a problem as earlier
(0.7) where one solution was to reinit the webklient. Restart of
webklient is not an option for us since we must have high
uptime/availiability. Does anyone know if this is fixed or if there is a
solution for reinit in nutch 0.9?

-Ronny