Posted to lokahi-dev@incubator.apache.org by Steve Toback <to...@apache.org> on 2006/07/12 13:43:29 UTC

Lokahi status

We're very close to a stable point for the code base, in my opinion.
A lot of testing has been done, and tweaking, with a refined and
documented install process and end to end functionality working.

So, the question becomes what are the requirements for a release?

I've gone through and all the files have the boilerplate licence,
other than configuration files.

Steve

Re: Lokahi status

Posted by Neil Stein <st...@gmail.com>.
This will be a first incubator release that will allow others to work
through the process and leverage the code base-  The goal would be to create
so developer comments on the development list, allowing the community to
start to grow.

Re: Lokahi status

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,
This is off the top of my head, not an exhaustive list, but a good
start.  The new doc page at
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html should be
exhaustive, but seems to be under construction still.

We want to make sure we have a NOTICE file (see example at
http://www.apache.org/licenses/example-NOTICE.txt).

We want to make sure the artifact names (the lokahi.zip /
lokahi.tar.gz file, etc, for both source and binary distributions)
have the word incubating in them.  See for example the actual file
names of the distributions at
http://servicemix.org/site/download.html.

We want to make sure the releases are signed by a PGP key that's in
our KEYS file.  If we don't have a KEYS file, we need to create one
and put it in SVN.  See for example
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/build/tc5.5.x/KEYS.  We should
make sure the keys in that file are uploaded to keyservers such as
pgp.mit.edu, and preferably signed by other Apache committers.

If we do Maven repository releases, we want to make sure the POM files
reflect the incubating status of the project, just like the
distribution file names themselves.

Finally, we want to put together a release candidate, put it somewhere
public (but not mirrored or official), such as your public_html
directory, and draw the attention of the lokahi-dev, lokahi-ppmc, and
incubator-pmc groups to it, so they can inspect it and comment.

Yoav

--
Yoav Shapira
Nimalex LLC