Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/16 20:44:55 UTC

[FlexJS]Routing

The MDL demo app very nicely demonstrates something major missing from FlexJS: Routing.

The modern term for “deep linking” which we had in Flash is “routing”. The most common way to handle routing is by appending a has to a url and changing the address. That allows for navigating browser history, and can also load an app in a specific state.

I think we need a “RouterBead” to handle routing and correctly set hashtags when necessary and load an app into a specific state using the hashtags.

If you look at the NavigationLayoutContent in the example app, the hashes are actually being added (i.e. http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/MDLExample/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/examples/flexjs/MDLExample/bin/js-release/index.html#toggles_panel <http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/MDLExample/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/examples/flexjs/MDLExample/bin/js-release/index.html#toggles_panel>). I assume that’s being added by the mdl js files. The hashes do not actually do anything, and clicking on the link actually loads the component without changing the address. Additionally, loading the app with the hash does not do anything other than start the app in the default state.

Thanks,
Harbs