Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr> on 2005/04/13 19:05:31 UTC

Using InputModule

Hi all,

I am a little bit annoying with an "XMLFile InputModule" that I have
created.

I'm using some information of this file in the sitemap doing :
{myconf://somevalue} -> that's fine

But I've many components (own JAVA transformers,...) using those
parameters and I don't "see me"  sending parameters each time I use the
components in the sitemap.  And that, because I don't want to have an
unreadable sitemap.

I may set those parameters in the session but these are configuration
parameters.
The only way to avoid sending the parameters from the sitemap is to get
the information as the XMLFileModule.java does.

Am I right or wrong ?

Lionel

--
Lionel CRINE
Ingénieur Systèmes documentaires

Re: Using InputModule

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@apache.org>.
Lionel Crine wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a little bit annoying with an "XMLFile InputModule" that I have
> created.
>
> I'm using some information of this file in the sitemap doing :
> {myconf://somevalue} -> that's fine
>
> But I've many components (own JAVA transformers,...) using those
> parameters and I don't "see me"  sending parameters each time I use the
> components in the sitemap.  And that, because I don't want to have an
> unreadable sitemap.
>

> I may set those parameters in the session but these are configuration
> parameters.
> The only way to avoid sending the parameters from the sitemap is to get
> the information as the XMLFileModule.java does.
>

> Am I right or wrong ?
If you really have to you can lookup that input module in your
transformer and query it for an appropriate value. You gain sitemap
readibility but you introduce dependencies.

--
Leszek Gawron                                                 MobileBox
lgawron@apache.org                              http://www.mobilebox.pl