Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Romita Saha <Ro...@sg.panasonic.com> on 2012/11/27 13:00:35 UTC

Change UI using Solritas

Hi,

I want to change the UI of Solr. As far as I understand, I need to append
the following code in the solrconfig.xml file. Could anyone please help me
find out how I need to write my query url and whether I  need to change
any other files other than solrconfig.xml.

  <requestHandler name="/browse" class="solr.SearchHandler">
    <lst name="defaults">
     <str name="wt">velocity</str>
     <str name="v.template">browse</str>
     <str name="v.layout">layout</str>
     <str name="title">Solritas</str>
     <str name="defType">dismax</str>
     <str name="q.alt">*:*</str>
     <str name="rows">10</str>
     <str name="fl">data,id,score</str>
    </lst>
  </requestHandler>

Thanks and regards,
Romita

Re: Change UI using Solritas

Posted by RPSolrUser <ro...@gmail.com>.
Romita,

Solritas works great for quick prototyping or proof of concept if that is
your aim.

You just added /browse request handler in solrconfig.xml the way you
described. I have my example here.
You can invoke it via http call like:
http://host:port/solr/corename/browse?q=*%3A*&debugQuery=true

For look and feel change, you will have to play with velocity templates and
css found in solrhome/corename/conf/velocity folder.

 <requestHandler name="/browse" class="solr.SearchHandler">
     <lst name="defaults">
       <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>

       <str name="wt">velocity</str>

       <str name="v.template">browse</str>
       <str name="v.layout">layout</str>
       <str name="title">Solritas</str>

       <str name="df">text</str>
       <str name="defType">edismax</str>
       <str name="q.alt">*:*</str>
       <str name="rows">10</str>
       <str name="fl">*,score</str>
       <str name="mlt.qf">
          title^1.0 url^1.0
       </str>
       <str name="mlt.fl">title,url/str>
       <int name="mlt.count">3</int>

       <str name="qf">
          title^1.0 url^1.0
       </str>
</requestHandler>

Good luck.

Re: Change UI using Solritas

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
First, solritas isn't intended to be a user-facing Solr interface, it's
generally considered a prototyping tool in Solr. You're allowing
unrestricted access to Solr, so I can enter
in the url and delete your entire index. Are you sure you want to do this?

People have done it, but a far more common option is to put Solr behind a
proper middleware app and control the queries.

All that said, if you still want to do this you need to modify the
conf/velocity files, see the Apache Velocity project for details.

Best
Erick