Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Dan Weinreb <dl...@exceloncorp.com> on 2000/11/08 08:18:23 UTC

First reactions to Apache SOAP software

Hi.  I recently got interested in SOAP and downloaded and studied the
Apache SOAP software.  I have a couple of first reactions, little
questions and may have found some (rather inconsequential) bugs.  I
have only been on this mailing list for a few days, so I'm not sure if
this is the appropriate forum for this, and I don't know if these
topics have already been discussed.  Apologies in advance just in
case.

In DeploymentDescriptor, fromXML read "option" elements into the props
table, but toXML does not seen to store them.  Is this intentional?

The documentation says that "page" is a possible "scope" value, but
it doesn't look like this is actually implemented.

SoapEncUtils.generateStructureHeader, where it checks the value of
inScopeEncStyle on line 144, if the value isn't
Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC, you'd think it would write out the value of
inScopeEncStyle, but actually it emits Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC.

RPCMessage.unmarshall, where it sets the value of returnBean at line
451, as the second argument of smr.unmarshall, it passes
RPCConstants.Q_ELEM_PARAMETER, whereas it seems as if it ought to pass
RPCConstants.Q_ELEM_RETURN.  At least it looks as if it ought to.

Isn't the server is supposed to examine the SOAPAction HTTP header and
reject the request if it is not the same as the service name (i.e.
the namespace URI for the root element of the body)?

Thanks.
Dan Weinreb
eXcelon Corp.
dlw@exceloncorp.com