Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Enrique Mingorance Cano <em...@redhat.com> on 2020/05/08 12:09:42 UTC

not storing/getting artifacts in/from local repository

Hello,

I have a question about how I can see an artifact being taken. Let me
explain the situation.

This is more a question than a bug itself (I guess so)

I have two machines:

   - I build the same project https://github.com/kiegroup/appformer/ from
   both of them.
   - same maven version in both of them 3.5.2
   - same settings.xml in both of them
   - clean repository ~/.m2/repository in both of them
   - both of them show the same DEBUG informationThis is more a question
   than a bug itself (I guess so)

[DEBUG] Reading global settings from
/opt/tools/apache-maven-3.5.2/conf/settings.xml
[DEBUG] Reading user settings from /home/user/settings.xml
[DEBUG] Reading global toolchains from
/opt/tools/apache-maven-3.5.2/conf/toolchains.xml
[DEBUG] Reading user toolchains from /home/user/.m2/toolchains.xml
[DEBUG] Using local repository at /home/user/.m2/repository
[DEBUG] Using manager EnhancedLocalRepositoryManager with priority
10.0 for /home/user/.m2/repository

I run the command (-pl and -am to make the test faster) with OK in both of
them

/opt/tools/apache-maven-3.5.2/bin/mvn -s /home/user/settings.xml
-DskipTests clean install -pl :appformer-js -am

In the first machine:

   - the kie-parent and the rest of the artifacts are in the
   ~/.m2/repository folder (org/kie/kie-parent)

In the second machine:

   - the kie-parent IS NOT but some other artifacts in the ~/.m2/repository
   folder

so... my question is, *where should/can they be? How can I know where maven
is taking the kie-parent artifact from?*

Thanks a lot,
Kike.

Re: not storing/getting artifacts in/from local repository

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
If you turn on debut logging for the build you can grep for the artifact name. In your specific case however I guess it's found in the relative parent of your project. An other option might be any profile which is auto activated.

Btw you can use the build helper plugin and ask it to produce the effective Pom, it should be the same for both system. You can also let it list (active) profiles.

https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-help-plugin/effective-pom-mojo.html

https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-help-plugin/active-profiles-mojo.html

Effective settings and help:system could also show differences.

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net