Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sanjay paithankar <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/02 04:25:06 UTC

putting application war file not in webapps.

Hello ,

I'm new to tomcat ,
The question is that if i don;t want to put my
application war file in the webapps directory,

so by putting it in some other directory and adding
that context in the server.xml will the stuff work
correctly , or we have to have put ".war" file in the
webapps only

please reply
-Sanjay

Re: putting application war file not in webapps.

Posted by Kwok Peng Tuck <pe...@makmal.net>.
You can deploy your war file or unpacked app else where, just provide a
context file for your application and in it specify the location of your
web app. You can see that the manager app does this, just check out
manager.xml , should get you started.

Posted by Ben Souther <bp...@adelphia.net>.
Using the manager app, you can deploy apps from war files wherever they
reside.

http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/manager-howto.html

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@comcast.net>.
Sanjay,

> I'm new to tomcat ,
> The question is that if i don;t want to put my
> application war file in the webapps directory,
>
> so by putting it in some other directory and adding
> that context in the server.xml will the stuff work
> correctly , or we have to have put ".war" file in the
> webapps only

Give it a try and let us know if it works!

(Short answer for the impatient: yep, it'll work).

-chris