Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by iwo <iw...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/15 17:27:24 UTC

how make a suggester?

Hello,
   I would like implement a suggester with solr, which is the best way now
in your opinion?

thanks in advance
I.

-----
Complicare è facile, semplificare é difficile.
Complicated is easy, simple is hard.
quote: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Munari

Re: how make a suggester?

Posted by iwo <iw...@gmail.com>.
now I have some suggest for single word by WFSTLookupFactory

  <searchComponent class="solr.SpellCheckComponent" name="suggest">
    <lst name="spellchecker">
      <str name="name">suggest</str>
      <str name="classname">org.apache.solr.spelling.suggest.Suggester</str>
      <str
name="lookupImpl">org.apache.solr.spelling.suggest.fst.WFSTLookupFactory</str>
      <str name="field">name</str>
      <float name="threshold">0.005</float>
      <str name="buildOnCommit">true</str>
       <str name="spellcheckIndexDir">./suggester</str>
       <bool name="exactMatchFirst">true</bool>
    </lst>
    <searchComponent>

  <requestHandler class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler"
name="/suggest">
    <lst name="defaults">
      <str name="spellcheck">true</str>
      <str name="spellcheck.dictionary">suggest</str>

      <str name="spellcheck.onlyMorePopular">true</str>
      <str name="spellcheck.count">5</str>
      <str name="spellcheck.collate">true</str>
      <str name="spellcheck.maxCollations">5</str>
    </lst>
    <arr name="last-components">
      <str>suggest</str>
    </arr>
  </requestHandler>

Now... i would add multiple words suggester by WordBreakSolrSpellChecker,
and so I add to my conf

<searchComponent class="solr.SpellCheckComponent" name="suggest">
    <lst name="spellchecker">
      <str name="name">wordbreak</str>
      <str
name="classname">org.apache.solr.spelling.WordBreakSolrSpellChecker</str>
      <str name="field">name</str>
      <str name="combineWords">true</str>
      <str name="breakWords">true</str>
      <int name="maxChanges">10</int>
      <str name="buildOnCommit">true</str>
      <str name="spellcheckIndexDir">./suggester</str>
    </lst>
</searchComponent>

and on requestHandler

<requestHandler class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler"
name="/suggest">
    <lst name="defaults">
      <str name="spellcheck">true</str>

      <str name="spellcheck.dictionary">wordbreak</str>
</requestHandler>

but I don't receive any suggestion :-(

any ideas?

-----

Re: how make a suggester?

Posted by iwo <iw...@gmail.com>.
There are some positive experience about suggester over Solr 4.0 with cloud?
I downloaded solr4, followed http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Suggester but I
don't get suggestion items

Any ideas?

-----

Re: how make a suggester?

Posted by iwo <iw...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks Otis!

Yes, I searched and read most of the posts found about this topic on the
mailing. I'm finding the best way at this moment :-)
now, I begin to develop and test

-----

Re: how make a suggester?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Iwo,

This is kind of a common question.  Have a look at
http://search-lucene.com/?q=autocomplete+OR+suggester&fc_project=Solr&fc_type=mail+_hash_+userfor
lots of discussions on this topic.

In short, you could use the Suggester that comes with Solr or you could do
http://www.cominvent.com/2012/01/25/super-flexible-autocomplete-with-solr/or
you could get
http://sematext.com/products/autocomplete/index.html or you could look at
http://solr.pl/en/2010/10/18/solr-and-autocomplete-part-1/ and so on