Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Anthony Ikeda <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/02 19:23:08 UTC

Hive does not run - Typical NoSuchFieldError

I've tried different attempts to get Hive running (Riptano GitHub and the
SVN trunk) but nothing seems to work.

The ql module seems to be the issue. I've noticed many posts about
replacing the antlr jars for compilation and running but none of these
version (3.0.1-3.4.1) work.

I've also tried downloading the bundle from hive.apache.org and this still
gives me the same error.

Env:
Mac OS X
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_35-b10-428-11M3811)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.10-b01-428, mixed mode)

I'm going to try 32-bit mode to see if this is the problem otherwise are
there any other suggestions?

Anthony

Re: Hive does not run - Typical NoSuchFieldError

Posted by Anthony Ikeda <an...@gmail.com>.
Okay, thanks Edward!

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anthony Ikeda <an...@gmail.com>.