Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/01 20:41:17 UTC

Region server failure question

I was reading blog
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2012/07/hbase-log-splitting/ and
it looks like if region servers fails then all the regions on that region
servers are unavailable until a regions are assigned to a different region
server. Does it mean all the key ranges for the failed region server is
unavailable for reads and writes until regions are available on some other
region server? If so then how to deal with failures while real time data
might be flowing into HBase.

Re: Region server failure question

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
That is correct, the client blocks and retries a configurable amount of time until the regions are available again.

Lars

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mohit,