Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Vic <vi...@friendvu.com> on 2004/11/19 16:04:05 UTC

Another post on what the users what in the future

http://www.magnolia.info/en/community/about/screenshots.html
Watch the video.

It does not have to be called Struts, but I think that is what people
what. I also think they want JDNC (not by name).

As people decide what to build, I think supporting above features is
important.

.V

Re: Another post on what the users what in the future

Posted by Vic <vi...@friendvu.com>.
Dakota Jack wrote:
> Magnolia seems to be oriented to developers whereas JDNC is oriented
> to clients/users.

First we used to write frameworks, then we used frameworks, and now we
customize applications.
I am working on CMS w/ JDNC, an application that people can customize.

  Which connection are you seeing with Struts?

None realy. I personaly plan to emulate the Struts chain for DAO and
Lucene dispatching from JDNC. I think most people don't care what it's
called or were it gets downloaded as long as it's usefull.

To that end, I like how Magnolia can be used and posted. The bits and
bytes are ireleveant.

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Vic,

Magnolia seems to be oriented to developers whereas JDNC is oriented
to clients/users.  Which connection are you seeing with Struts?

For my part, I don't see a connection with either.  Struts is not
either a clientside application or a graphics or page-builder tool.
So, I am confused as to what connection you see with Struts.

Maybe you are just noting what changes Struts must envision accommodating?

Jack

~Native Proverb~