Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2006/11/10 21:18:07 UTC

Installing a fresh gump2 yields lots of issues

Hi gang,

I'm in the process of installing a fresh new gump run on a dual x86-64
machine running Ubuntu and I've run into some issues.

First of all, installing the 'full gump' run without vmgump packages,
it's a nightmare, nobody with their sane minds would do it.

Second, while svn doesn't need this, cvs does require the anonymous user
to login if the password is not empty... which means, again, that
without vmgump's .cvspass, it would be hell.

I think it would be nice that the gump metadata included distribution
URLs for the packages (not just their location on disk!) and if it also
included the username/password for anonymous cvs checkouts.

btw, the gump run is currently located at

 http://67.86.14.213:10000/gump/

and it currently run's with Sun's JVM (because I still can't build
Harmony for x86_64 :-/)

Besides the missing .cvspass, the run indicated a few metadata issues,
namely:

 - jmock: cvs repo seems to be no longer available
 - directory-naming: svn: URL
'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/naming' doesn't exist
 - groovy: /home/projects/groovy/scm: no such repository
 - geronimo: svn: URL 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk'
doesn't exist
 - cargo: svn: URL 'svn://svn.cargo.codehaus.org/cargo/scm/cargo/trunk'
doesn't exist

and

 - smartfrog: No such repository [smartfrog] in workspace on [smartfrog]

this one I think it's a metadata misconfiguration.

Comments? suggestions?

--
Stefano.

Re: Installing a fresh gump2 yields lots of issues

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Sander Temme" <sc...@apache.org> wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 2006, at 11:47 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> Many thanks.  Stefano had already picked up the jmock change and I
>> fixed cargo and groovy.  I also removed the working copies of all
>> projects we fixed on vmgump and helios.
>
> Just for reference, what do I need to remove if I want to get rid of  a
> working copy? work/workspace/project-name and/or work/workspace/cvs/
> project-name?

You just need to kill cvs/project-name (where Gump checks out to).  Gump
will take care of /project-name.

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de> wrote:

> The same scheme applies for all Codehaus' projects based on
> Subversion (Cargo, Groovy).

Many thanks.  Stefano had already picked up the jmock change and I
fixed cargo and groovy.  I also removed the working copies of all
projects we fixed on vmgump and helios.

Stefan

Re: Installing a fresh gump2 yields lots of issues

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Stefan,

:pserver:anonymous@cvs.jmock.codehaus.org:/cvs/jmock/

>>  - cargo: svn: URL
>>  'svn://svn.cargo.codehaus.org/cargo/scm/cargo/trunk' doesn't exist
>>  - groovy: /home/projects/groovy/scm: no such repository
>
> are known issues, but we are using the official URLs you get from each
> project's website.
>
>> - directory-naming: svn: URL
>>  'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/naming' doesn't
>>  exist
>>  - geronimo: svn: URL 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk'
>>  doesn't exist -
>
> no idea what the Gump-correct URL would be.
>
> There are other repositories that are broken as well: xstream,

XStream is http://svn.codehaus.org/xstream/trunk

The same scheme applies for all Codehaus' projects based on Subversion
(Cargo, Groovy). They all changed after the crash of beaver with the
availability of the new infrastructure. Basically you can lookup any of
them with:  http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/<project name>/repo

> javassist, eyebrowse and beanshell.
>
> Problem with "stable" Gump as opposed to "trunk" Gump is that it
> doesn't get flagged as a problem, so I usually look at helios to see
> whether we have problems the repo information.
>
> smartfrog was/is in the process of migrating from CVS to svn and I'd
> consider the current problem transient - read, Steve is going to fix
> it once the migration is done.

- Jörg

Re: Installing a fresh gump2 yields lots of issues

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> First of all, installing the 'full gump' run without vmgump
> packages, it's a nightmare, nobody with their sane minds would do
> it.

True.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> and
>
>  - smartfrog: No such repository [smartfrog] in workspace on [smartfrog]
>
> this one I think it's a metadata misconfiguration.
>
> Comments? suggestions?

That'll be me. I thought I'd put it back in after commenting everything
out during a CVS/SVN migration, but clearly forgot to turn it all back on.

-steve