Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alex Kiesel <al...@kiesel.name> on 2006/04/01 12:03:42 UTC

Re: Merging revision history from two repositories

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 01:09 +0200, Roel Schroeven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just converted a VSS database to a SVN repository. This didn't succeed
> at first (see recent postings in users@vss2svn.tigris.org), so I decided
> not to wait until I could successfully do the conversion; instead I took
> the latest revision from VSS and imported into SVN.
>
> The result is that I now have two repositories:
> - repository A, started (last monday) from scratch with the last version
> of the source code from VSS, with a few revision and branches from this week
> - repository B, with the revision history from VSS convert with vss2svn.pl
> Is there a way to merge both to generate a continuous seamless version
> history containing the revisions from both A and B?

Export one of the repositories using `svnadmin dump` and import it into
the other.

This gives you history for both repos in a single one. However, revision
numbers will change for the imported repository (continuing with the
revision numbers of the repo being imported into).

Regards,
-Alex