Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org> on 2017/01/09 14:42:34 UTC

Re: access to key in sink

Hi,
it's not possible to access the key in the open method because without an
element that is being processed there is no key. The user function is being
used to produce elements of different keys that are being processed on the
same shard (instance of a parallel operator). You can get the key manually
by inspecting the element in the invoke() method of your sink.

Cheers,
Aljoscha