Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ville Skyttä <vi...@iki.fi> on 2002/03/29 11:53:02 UTC

Splitting mailing lists?

I've been following turbine-user and turbine-dev for a while, and think
that it might be a good idea to split the lists (now that stuff has been
decoupled from Turbine) to two or three.

The current lists seem to be pretty high traffic ones, and for the
moment they are pretty hard to follow in case one is interested in part
of the stuff only.

How's about breaking out these lists out from turbine-user and -dev:
- maven-user and -dev
- torque-user and -dev

Cheers,
--
Ville Skyttä
ville.skytta@iki.fi

Posted by Steve <tu...@knology.net>.
I'm not sure I like it.  I imagine most of us would then just subscribe to
all three.  We'd still be getting the same traffic, just separated and I
like all the messages in one list for query/archival purposes.

Steve

I've been following turbine-user and turbine-dev for a while, and think
that it might be a good idea to split the lists (now that stuff has been
decoupled from Turbine) to two or three.

The current lists seem to be pretty high traffic ones, and for the
moment they are pretty hard to follow in case one is interested in part
of the stuff only.

How's about breaking out these lists out from turbine-user and -dev:
- maven-user and -dev
- torque-user and -dev

Cheers,
--