Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "David Svanberg (Kentor)" <Da...@kentor.se> on 2006/03/30 14:12:13 UTC

[Net] Howto FTP over SSL

I'll have to FTP a Windows(r) server that runs SSL - that is "FTP over
SSL" or FTPS. Do not confuse with SFTP (FTP over SSH).

I've tried to figure out how to do this with Commons Net - but haven't
found much information. I did find a post from 2004 that mentioned the
use of SocketClient/SocketFactory type of use - but I have no clue if it
actually did work or not.

Is there anyone out there having advices/examples on how to get this
bird up & running?

Could I use JSSE from the standard J2SE SDK (1.4+) to do the socketing
stuff and use this SocketFactory class in anyway to setup the
communication?

Best Regards,

David Svanberg