Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Thomas Bellembois <th...@univ-rennes1.fr> on 2005/02/16 17:44:50 UTC

Slide based project released.

Hello,

We have just released a WebDAV server based on Slide.
A short history about our project :
We are working on a project of deployment of a Web portal in French
universities. This project called ESUP-PORTAIL is based on the portal
uPortal (www.uportal.org).
You can find a documentation about ESUP-PORTAIL at the following URL :
http://www.esup-portail.org/version_gb/index_gb.html
We wanted to develop a CMS (called InJac) integrated into ESUP-PORTAIL
and in this way we had to choose a WebDAV server.
We have choosen Slide as a base for our WebDAV server and we have
developed many features and tools to obtain a server meeting our
requirements.
Our package is composed of :

    * a Jarkarta Slide V2.1 server
    * an uPortal group store - Slide store developed to get groups
(roles) from a Web service attached to our portal.
    * three authentication filters - to protect our WebDAV server -
available authentication methods are LDAP, CAS, or TRUSTED
    * one authentication router in charge of selecting one of the
authentication filters
    * one redirection filter - processes url like /slide/~user - not
very effective at the moment, but will be replaced soon
    * a tool to create user homedirs
    * a tool to create the Injac root directory - an InJac feature
    * a storage channel - to access, create, delete, move... resources
on the WebDAV server and also on a CIFS server and soon on an NFS
server. This channel also contains InJac (CMS) features to manage
document spaces, manage permissions and delegate spaces management.

You can find further information at the following link :
http://www.esup-portail.org/consortium/espace/CMS_3F/roadmapInjac.html

Some people could be interested in our work and we are very interested
in sharing experiences about Slide-based projects.
If you want further information, you can contact us using our mailing
list (or you can email me) :
http://listes.esup-portail.org/wws/info/injac-users

Thanks.

Thomas.