Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net> on 2023/05/24 11:54:54 UTC

Broken link in the comments of netbeans.conf

Hello,

the netbeans.conf that is bundled with a release contains this explanation:

# Default locations of userdir and cachedir:
# (http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqWhatIsUserdir)

But that link is no longer working.

It would be nice if that could be changed to a working page.

Thomas

Re: Broken link in the comments of netbeans.conf

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 25 May 2023 at 16:40, Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> this could potentially link to:
> https://github.com/apache/netbeans/#log-config-and-cache-locations

Looks like it could be good choice, but please don't link it direct -

Maybe use -

https://netbeans.apache.org/nb/userdir-and-cachedir

Then redirect to the GitHub page from -

https://github.com/apache/netbeans-website/blob/master/netbeans.apache.org/src/content/.htaccess#L45

This keeps our inbound links from the IDE, etc. in one place.

Although there are perhaps wider aspects of netbeans.conf we might
want to document, as well as the fact that you can include another
conf file in the userdir.  So maybe should be /nb/config-file for
future update?

Best wishes,

Neil

RE: Broken link in the comments of netbeans.conf

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
The "original" page is here

http://web.archive.org/web/20190729145817/http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqWhatIsUserdir
maybe can be recreated ?