Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Ken Gilmer <kg...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/08 07:23:48 UTC

JIRA permissions

Hi,

  Following the release guide, I am trying to update JIRA with the release
version of httplite, but get this error when loading the page: You cannot
edit the configuration of this project.  Can someone help me please?

thanks!
ken

Re: JIRA permissions

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 12/8/11 3:04, Ken Gilmer wrote:
>> If you go to this page:
>>
>>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX
>>
>> Do you see a "versions" tab on the side?
> Yes
>
>> If so, click it and in there do you
>> see a "manage versions" link near the top?
> No
>
>> You are logged in right? Just checking... :-)
> Yes :-)  (Good to check, I make these kinds of mistakes all the time :) )
>
> One thing I noticed is in my profile my account is "kgilmer@gmail.com"
> which is what I setup before I was a committer.  Is there possibly
> another kgilmer account (@apache.org?) that I'm not seeing?

I don't think it has any relationship to your @apache.org account...

I had Karl added you explicitly as a committer (since it fails for me
too) rather than in the felix-developers group...try again and see if
you see any difference.

-> richard

Re: JIRA permissions

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Right - as I said I was not 100% sure :)

> JIRA is basically junk since one of the recent upgrades. As I stated, I am
> an administrator and I can't even add a version, nor can I explicitly add
> Ken to as a committer in the project because it complains about something.
Yeah, JIRA became really a pain with all the ui changes - for whatever
reason you were not in the Felix PMC role (don't ask me what this role
does) while Karl was in it. I added you to this role maybe this
changes things...

Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: JIRA permissions

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 12/8/11 3:14, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> One thing I noticed is in my profile my account is "kgilmer@gmail.com"
>> which is what I setup before I was a committer.  Is there possibly
>> another kgilmer account (@apache.org?) that I'm not seeing?
>>
> No, there is just your gmail account - but you're not in the felix
> administrators group and I guess that's the problem. Not 100% sure but
> I guess we have to just add you to this group.

No, that is not correct. The administrators group gives you access to
everything you can do. That's not what Ken needs.

For example, Karl can create versions but he is not in felix-administrators.

JIRA is basically junk since one of the recent upgrades. As I stated, I
am an administrator and I can't even add a version, nor can I explicitly
add Ken to as a committer in the project because it complains about
something.

So, Ken definitely should not be an administrator, but how we fix this,
I'm uncertain.

-> richard

Re: JIRA permissions

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: JIRA permissions

Posted by Ken Gilmer <kg...@gmail.com>.

Re: JIRA permissions

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

On 12/8/11 2:24, Ken Gilmer wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Richard S. Hall<he...@ungoverned.org>  wrote:
>> On 12/8/11 2:09, Ken Gilmer wrote:
>>> Richard,
>>>
>>>    I was just following the link on the release page, which goes to:
>>>

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/project/ViewProject.jspa?pid=12310100
>>
>> Under "versions" on the above page, I see a "Show all" link under the
>> handful of versions it shows me. That takes me to the management page where
>> I can enter a new version, do you see that too?
> No, when the page loads all I get is:
>
> Error
> You cannot edit the configuration of this project.
> Click here to see a list of all the projects
>
> Clicking on "here" loads another page which says:
>
> You do not have the permissions to administer any projects, or there
> are none created.

If you go to this page:

     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX

Do you see a "versions" tab on the side? If so, click it and in there do

Re: JIRA permissions

Posted by Ken Gilmer <kg...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> On 12/8/11 2:09, Ken Gilmer wrote:
>>
>> Richard,
>>
>>   I was just following the link on the release page, which goes to:
>>

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/project/ViewProject.jspa?pid=12310100
>

> Under "versions" on the above page, I see a "Show all" link under the
> handful of versions it shows me. That takes me to the management page where
> I can enter a new version, do you see that too?

No, when the page loads all I get is:

Error
You cannot edit the configuration of this project.
Click here to see a list of all the projects

Clicking on "here" loads another page which says:

You do not have the permissions to administer any projects, or there
are none created.

>>   In any case, I do not see a manage link on the Versions page, and
>> 'manage' does not appear on the page.  I also do not see any options
>> to edit versions when I go to the httplite component page.  I'm
>> guessing it's a permissions issue...?
>

> Could be, but you are a member of the felix-developers group, which seems
> like it should be enough...but as I stated, JIRA has been messed up for me
> for a while...

Hmmmph.

Re: JIRA permissions

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.