Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by caritamartin <ca...@btinternet.com> on 2014/06/20 08:20:20 UTC

Compatible with windows 2007

Hi

I have use windows 2007 for excel and word and I was just wondering if the open office 2013 student and professional 2010 will be compatible or not.

Many thanks
Mrs C MartinĀ

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Re: Compatible with windows 2007

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
On 06/20/2014 02:20 AM, caritamartin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have use windows 2007 for excel and word and I was just wondering if the open office 2013 student and professional 2010 will be compatible or not.

There is only OpenOffice, which is compatible with MS Office.  The best
place to get OpenOffice is from www.openoffice.org.  Be careful with 3rd
party sources.  Some are fine, but others may load up your computer with
crapware.  Some also charge for a download, which is free from
www.openoffice.org.  You may also come across some who sell it on a CD,
which can be useful for those without a decent Internet connection but,
again, you have to be careful about crapware.

Re: Compatible with windows 2007

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 07:20:20 +0100
caritamartin <ca...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have use windows 2007 for excel and word and I was just wondering if the open office 2013 student and professional 2010 will be compatible or not.
>
> Many thanks
> Mrs C MartinĀ
>

> Sent from Samsung Mobile

There is no such thing as "open office 2013 student and professional 2010"; if you are being offered these, be aware that they are unauthorised versions of OpenOffice and may contain unwanted add-ons such as obtrusive search bars and perhaps Trojans or other malware.

We only recommend to download from
www.openoffice.org/download
which will redirect to SourceForge servers where the files are stored,

In terms of compatibility: OpenOffice can save to and open reasonable successfully the older MS Office formats (.doc, .xls, .ppt); depending on the complexity of the incoming files it may or may not open the newer MS Office formats (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx). If the target usage is an MS Office environment, then it may be best to consider acquiring MS Office for daily use. For private use I have used OpenOffice successfully for seven or eight years, writing long texts and giving a considerable number of illustrated presentations.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Compatible with windows 2007

Posted by Tony Gallas <to...@spin.net.au>.
I'd give something like that a very wide berth!
Tony

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.

Posted by NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>.