Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Michael Bauroth <mi...@falcom.de> on 2006/04/19 12:27:54 UTC

OutOfMemoryException

Hi,

since my last mina svn update from today I receive under heavy load the
following exception:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory
         at java.nio.Bits.reserveMemory(Bits.java:632)
         at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(DirectByteBuffer.java:95)
         at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(ByteBuffer.java:288)
         at sun.nio.ch.Util.getTemporaryDirectBuffer(Util.java:56)
         at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:205)
         at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:207)
         at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.support.SocketIoProcessor.read(SocketIoProcessor.java:292)
         at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.support.SocketIoProcessor.process(SocketIoProcessor.java:266)
         at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.support.SocketIoProcessor.access$4(SocketIoProcessor.java:255)
         at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.support.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(SocketIoProcessor.java:626)
Total 864 byte(s), Session closed

Has something changed in the meanwhile?

Regards
Michael

Re: OutOfMemoryException

Posted by Michael Bauroth <mi...@falcom.de>.
> Did you try to change the ByteAllocator to the SimpleByteAllocator?  It
> might help you a little bit compromising performance.
>
> Trustin

Yes, I did. Unfortunately in this case the sessions will be closed
immediately after opening them. Must do some more tests regarding this.

Regards
Michael

Re: OutOfMemoryException

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 4/19/06, Michael Bauroth <mi...@falcom.de> wrote:

> Trustin Lee wrote:
>
> > Did you adjust your VM directory memory size as we addressed in the FAQ?

directory -> direct

Yes, I did. Unfortunately I decreased the size in the meantime to 64M.

http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: OutOfMemoryException

Posted by Michael Bauroth <mi...@falcom.de>.

Re: OutOfMemoryException

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.