Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "david.melia" <da...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/09 14:26:24 UTC

JNDIRealm - how to display login exceptions/error msg within form-error-page when using Form based authentication?

Hi,

I currently have a web application which is secured using standard J2EE
security (i.e. all URL's are secured by a role).

For authentication, I am using the standard tomcat JNDI realm (i.e. 	<Realm
className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" ...) connecting to an LDAP
directory and this works fine when logging in correctly.

The problem is that if i get an exception from JNDIRealm when logging in
(i.e. a user has been disable or password needs changing) this exception is
printed in the tomcat logs OK but I need to know about this in the error jsp
defined in the web.xml (e.g. <form-error-page>/error.jsp</form-error-page>)
so that I can forward onto a change password page if needed or display an
appropiate error message.  Does anyone know if this is possible?