Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Victor Nicollet <vn...@runorg.com> on 2011/10/12 22:30:51 UTC

Debian couchdb-1.1.0-2b is broken

Hello,

For your information, the latest version of the couchdb package on Debian is
broken: 'emit' in the JavaScript views does not emit anything. I do not know
whether the issue comes from couchdb-1.1.0-2b or from the upgrade to
libmozjs7d that occurred at the same time.

If you are having trouble with this, you can revert back to couchdb-1.1.0-2
and libmozjs6d until it gets fixed. If you don't have a copy of these in
your cache, you can find them here:

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/amd64/libmozjs6d/download
http://snapshot.debian.org/package/couchdb/1.1.0-2/

You may have to delete and rebuild your views.

Good luck.
-- VN

Re: Debian couchdb-1.1.0-2b is broken

Posted by Marcello Nuccio <ma...@gmail.com>.
2011/10/13 Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Marcello Nuccio
> <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Just HEAD it then and get the etag. It's not possible to update
>>> without giving a revision to answer to your question.
>>
>> I've just tried it but I've found a problem. Here's what I do using curl:
>>
>>    $ curl -D- -X HEAD http://localhost:5984/_users/_design/_auth
>>    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>>    Server: CouchDB/1.1.0 (Erlang OTP/R14B03)
>>    Etag: "1-c44fb12a2676d481d235523092e0cec4"
>>    Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 08:01:35 GMT
>>    Cache-Control: must-revalidate
>>
>>    curl: (18) transfer closed with 3126 bytes remaining to read
>>    $ echo $?
>>    18
>>    $
>>
>> i.e.: CouchDB returns the Content-Length of the document, and curl
>> waits for it until it times out and exit with error 18.
>>
>> Am I doing something stupid?
>> Marcello
>>

> use the "-I" option :)
>
> - benoit

OK, I was doing something stupid... :-)
The funny thing is: I do know the '-I' option.

For posterity, the right command is:

    curl -I http://localhost:5984/_users/_design/_auth

Marcello

Re: Debian couchdb-1.1.0-2b is broken

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/10/13 Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>:
>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 12:53 AM, Panop Suvaphrom <PS...@vizrt.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I know that it is not possible to update the document without current version.
>>>
>>> But anyway, I would like to make sure about this.
>>> Is there a way to update a document without knowing its current revision?
>>> I would like to avoid first GETting current version…
>>
>> Just HEAD it then and get the etag. It's not possible to update
>> without giving a revision to answer to your question.
>
> I've just tried it but I've found a problem. Here's what I do using curl:
>
>    $ curl -D- -X HEAD http://localhost:5984/_users/_design/_auth
>    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>    Server: CouchDB/1.1.0 (Erlang OTP/R14B03)
>    Etag: "1-c44fb12a2676d481d235523092e0cec4"
>    Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 08:01:35 GMT
>    Cache-Control: must-revalidate
>
>    curl: (18) transfer closed with 3126 bytes remaining to read
>    $ echo $?
>    18
>    $
>
> i.e.: CouchDB returns the Content-Length of the document, and curl
> waits for it until it times out and exit with error 18.
>
> Am I doing something stupid?
> Marcello

use the "-I" option :)

- benoit

Re: Debian couchdb-1.1.0-2b is broken

Posted by Marcello Nuccio <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Victor Nicollet <vn...@runorg.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For your information, the latest version of the couchdb package on Debian is
> broken: 'emit' in the JavaScript views does not emit anything. I do not know
> whether the issue comes from couchdb-1.1.0-2b or from the upgrade to
> libmozjs7d that occurred at the same time.
>
> If you are having trouble with this, you can revert back to couchdb-1.1.0-2
> and libmozjs6d until it gets fixed. If you don't have a copy of these in
> your cache, you can find them here:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/amd64/libmozjs6d/download
> http://snapshot.debian.org/package/couchdb/1.1.0-2/
>
> You may have to delete and rebuild your views.
>
> Good luck.
> -- VN

This is due to Debian using that newer SpiderMonkey. There's a patch
that we're adding to 1.1.1 that will cause ./configure to fail with an
appropriate warning message.