Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Kay Kay <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/15 21:12:16 UTC

Issue with maven snapshot pull strategy

We are trying to build our project based on ivy , that has dependencies
on some mvn snapshots present in the apache snapshot repository.

I have added the details to the same at -
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-938 .

Our ivy settings file looks something like as follows. (Sample module-
org.apache.hadoop / hadoop-core ).

<ivysettings>
    <property name="repo.maven.org"  value="http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/"  override="false"/>
   <property name="snapshot.apache.org"  value="https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/"  override="false"/>
   <property name="maven2.pattern"  value="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[module]-[revision]"/>
   <property name="maven2.pattern.ext"  value="${maven2.pattern}.[ext]"/>

   <settings defaultResolver="default"/>
   <resolvers>
     <!--ibiblio resolvers-->
     <ibiblio name="maven2"  root="${repo.maven.org}"  m2compatible="true"/>
     <ibiblio name="apache-snapshot"  root="${snapshot.apache.org}"  m2compatible="true"
         checkmodified="true"  changingPattern=".*SNAPSHOT"/>

     <chain name="default"  dual="true">
       <resolver ref="maven2"/>
       <resolver ref="apache-snapshot"  />
     </chain>
   </resolvers>

</ivysettings>

When a new release is made and symlinked to 0.21.0-SNAPSHOT, and when we
do ivy-retrieve - what we want is to get the new jars down to
~/.ivy2/cache and used by the build process. But that does not seem to
be happening.  Any workaround for the same that exists ?

Re: Issue with maven snapshot pull strategy

Posted by Kay Kay <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 1/15/10 12:24 PM, Chris Marks wrote:
> I'm not sure, but I think the feature you're looking for is controlled by
> ivy.xml for the project, not the settings file.  We have some projects that
> rely on snapshot versions of some internal libraries.

> On the dependency
> element in ivy.xml add 'changing="true"'.

Yes - That's it. That works. Thanks a lot.

Posted by Chris Marks <to...@gmail.com>.