Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James Butler <ja...@workcoverqld.com.au> on 2003/05/01 06:10:09 UTC

[users@httpd] How to run multiple instances of Apache 2.0

Hi

Does anyone know how to run two separate instances of Apache 2.0.  When
I issue the apachectl command, I get the

httpd (pid xxx) already running

error message. I have setup 2 separate self contained apache
directories (2.0.45/RedHat Advanced Server 2.1)

Many Thanks

James

Messages included in this e-mail and any of its attachments are those
of the author unless specifically stated to represent WorkCover Queensland.
The contents of this message are to be used for the intended purpose only
and are to be kept confidential at all times. This message may contain
privileged information directed only to the intended addressee/s.
Accidental receipt of this information should be deleted promptly
and the sender notified.
This e-mail has been scanned by Sophos for known viruses.
However, no warranty nor liability is implied in this respect.

Re: [users@httpd] How to run multiple instances of Apache 2.0

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 1 May 2003, James Butler wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anyone know how to run two separate instances of Apache 2.0.  When
> I issue the apachectl command, I get the
>
> httpd (pid xxx) already running
>
> error message. I have setup 2 separate self contained apache
> directories (2.0.45/RedHat Advanced Server 2.1)

You can't use the same copy of apachectl to launch two separate instances
of apache.  You need to modify apachectl.  In partcular, you likely need
to add "-f /path/to/httpd.conf" to the options passed to httpd.

Joshua.