Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Naess, Ronny" <Ro...@avinor.no> on 2006/09/19 10:54:04 UTC

Make dependencies availible

Hi.

Our project uses Maven2 to build some artifacts, and these artifacts and
their dependensies must be availible for the client. The client is BEA
Portal.

I want to fetch all my artifacts and their depencendies in one go!

I have looked at both dependency-maven-plugin (maven-dependency-plugin
seems to fail on me?) and maven-assembly-plugin.

My project is orginized with a master dir containing the parent pom, and
all modules as subprojects.

* Is the dependency plugin capable of handling modules (new in maven 2)?
If I have to configure every artifact I suppose it does not!
* I have to first run copy goal to copy artifacts, then
dependencies-copy. Also, will this have to be configured for each
artifact or only in parent pom (I guess the previous question will
answer this question)?
* Also how do I override property <outputDirectory> to go outside
basedir? I guess I always can post run an ant task but I would rather
override it.

Any help or tips is welcome.

-Ronny

Re: Make dependencies availible

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
This is a common pattern that fits nicely with dependency and assemly
plugins.
Here is the suggested structures.

parent
     pom.xml
     module1
     module2
     assemby-module

In the parent pom, define dependencyManagement section that all other sub
modules will share teh same
dependency info.

In you assembly-module, use dependency:copy to prepare a staging area that
assembly plugin can consume.
I would suggest to give maven-dependency-plugin a try, and file JIRA if it
does not work out for you.
dependency-maven-plugin at codehaus is EOL.

-D