Posted to dev@marvin.apache.org by William Colen <wi...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/23 18:05:31 UTC

Pattern for commit comment

What do you think of defining a pattern for commit comment? There are
guidelines for that, but basically you could:
- start with the issue so it looks better in reports
- keep the first line message small so it takes just one line in reports

Something like this:
`MARVIN-00: This is a commit message`

What do you think?

William

Re: Pattern for commit comment

Posted by Daniel Takabayashi <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: Pattern for commit comment

Posted by Wei Chen <we...@gmail.com>.
I will suggest that we have a pattern in the PR submit name as well.
We can also state that in the "how to contribute" doc.

Posted by Zhang Yifei <yi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Em seg, 26 de nov de 2018 às 13:49, Daniel Takabayashi <
daniel.takabayashi@gmail.com> escreveu:

> +1
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Nov 26, 2018, at 6:30 AM, Rafael Novello <ra...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > +1 for both suggestions!
> >
> > I'll use this patterns and we could add it on "how to contribute" doc!
> >
> > Atenciosamente,
> > Rafael J. R. Novello
> >
> > Skype: rafael.novello
> > Blog: http://rafanovello.blogspot.com.br/
> >

> > Em sex, 23 de nov de 2018 às 16:05, William Colen <
> william.colen@gmail.com>
> > escreveu:
> >
> >> What do you think of defining a pattern for commit comment? There are
> >> guidelines for that, but basically you could:
> >> - start with the issue so it looks better in reports
> >> - keep the first line message small so it takes just one line in reports
> >>
> >> Something like this:
> >> `MARVIN-00: This is a commit message`
> >>
> >> What do you think?
> >>
> >> William