Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2005/06/17 12:12:03 UTC

Re: Handling special URIs in fo:external-graphic (was: baseDir)

I see. You can still try to modify the FOP sources of 0.20.5 for your
purposes. The class you'd have to look at is
org.apache.fop.images.FopImageFactory. After all, the next release which
is usable in production is still some time away.

On 17.06.2005 10:40:46 delbd wrote:
> Thanks, but as i said, adding a new protocol to URL in not faisable. Not
> because URL does not support it, but because of classloader restrictions
> (The URL classloader is a parent of the one containing my content management,
> so it does not have access to content management classes, not to mention the
> general problem of globally setting a handler for an URL protocol in a web
> application environnement).
>
> I bet i will have to wait for next release.
> (Ho yeah, and sorry for subject which has nothing to do with content of mail,
> base cut and paste :)
> Le Vendredi 17 Juin 2005 10:01, Jeremias Maerki a écrit :
> > Why not? Have a look at my RFC2397 [1] implementation which is exactly
> > what you were thinking about, a new URL protocol handler. I've written
> > stuff like this before, for example an URL handler that accessed a
> > virtual file system implemented in Java. I can recommend an excellent
> > document [2].
> >
> > The next FOP release will contain the possibility to intercept the URI
> > resolution so you can supply your own InputStream which is also a
> > possibility. But that won't help you for your current situation.
> >
> > I'd go for the URL protocol handler. Such a thing is written in 2 or 3
> > hours especially if you have a template.
> >
> > [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=110875657902117&w=2
> > [2] http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/protocolhandlers/
> >
> > I hope that helps.
> >
> > On 17.06.2005 09:26:01 delbd wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > i use fop to generate documents. However, i come to some problems when
> > > dealing with <fo:external-graphic .../>
> > > The graphics we need access to are not public available, they can't get
> > > accessed neither using http:// nor using file://, actually they are
> > > stored in a content management system, in a database.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to plug a ressource loader or something alike to fop?
> > > Or any other suggestion? (I thought about adding an new url protocol like
> > > cms:// to the URL but this doesn't seem to be faisable)
> >
> > Jeremias Maerki

> David Delbecq
> Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium
>
> -
> Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?

Jeremias Maerki