Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "BATCHELOR, SCOTT (CONTRACTOR)" <SC...@DFAS.MIL> on 2005/05/12 19:19:14 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.7 will not autodeploy war files

I apologize up front if this has been answered at some other time.  This is my first day on the list and I could not locate a search function for the archives.

I am running Tomcat 5.5.7 with Apache 2.0.52 and ModJk 1.2.6

For some reason when I drop a war file in the webapps directory it will not auto deploy if there is already a version of the application in the webapps directory.  In fact I have to delete the application directory and then restart Tomcat for it to deploy the changes.

Has anyone ran into this before?

Here is part of my server.xml file

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

And here is part of the context

<Context path="/some_app"
                         docpath="some_app"
                         crosscontext="false"
                         debug="0"
                         reloadable="true">

Is there another config file that might be causing this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

-SB