Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by yuhang xiu <ca...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/04 08:24:17 UTC

Use longObjectMap to increase performance

Hi, community
At present, there are many Map<Long, Object> type maps in dubbo. When using
this kind of map, jdk performs automatic package.

We can use longObjectMap(or intObjectMap or sth else) to replace these maps
and add some performance.

Similarly, I have opened an issue[1] to track the progress. Of course, I
will still find a new person to complete the work, we will comb and replace
these maps together. I have found a person. We will start the organizing
work and the program, and will be synchronized to the mailing list and
issue. (
He still has some work at the moment, so the discussion may be delayed for
a few days)

By the way, there are a few pr content that is simple, I think we can do a
review and merge them. The issue list is here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2831
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2809
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2802
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/pull/2788

Can someone take a look?

[1]https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/issues/2882

Re: Use longObjectMap to increase performance

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
good job. I will keep an eye on it :)

Posted by yuhang xiu <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi, @jing feng

I think we can do a test with the implementation of netty as an example.
There is an IntObjectHashMapBenchmark in netty, @jing feng Can you help me
to see the specific implementation and effect?

I certainly agree with what you said, staying the same before the
investigation, which is why we did not start submitting pr or modifying the
code.

Regarding the two scenarios you said, I personally think that we will
discuss it after we have finished the test. Thank you very much for your
advice on how to do benchmarking. I think you can discuss it with @stormyu
here and improve the benchmark.

And after that, we will discuss which maps we can replace and need to
replace.

徐靖峰 <25...@qq.com> 于2018年12月19日周三 上午11:19写道:

Posted by 徐靖峰 <25...@qq.com>.

Posted by 徐靖峰 <25...@qq.com>.
Hi

Is LongObjectHashMap  io.netty.util.collection.LongObjectHashMap<V>?

I just take a look at the usage of dubbo existing code, the Map<Long, Object> almost are java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap,but the LongObjectHashMap is not Thread Safe . How do think about it ?

Re: Re: Use longObjectMap to increase performance

Posted by yuhang xiu <ca...@gmail.com>.
Ok,

Posted by stormyu <y1...@163.com>.

Posted by yuhang xiu <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi, all

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Use longObjectMap to increase performance

Posted by yuhang xiu <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi, huxing

> Hi, community
> > At present, there are many Map<Long, Object> type maps in dubbo. When
> using
> > this kind of map, jdk performs automatic package.
> >
> > We can use longObjectMap(or intObjectMap or sth else) to replace these
> maps
> > and add some performance.
>
> Do you have some benchmark result for this?

not yet.
However, I have personally reviewed some of the benchmark information.
Don't worry, we will give our benchmark when submitting PR.

 Can he be on the mailing list to discuss this?

of course. All the exchanges will come here.  Apache way.  :)

I saw your comments on some of the pull request.
> I can take some of them this week.

That is great.

Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> 于2018年12月4日周二 下午9:43写道:

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.