Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by swclhard <cl...@gmx.de> on 2018/01/10 08:20:35 UTC

activemq-artemis: Is database support just still for evaluation purposes?

Hi all,

Latest documentation is still containing a warning:

/The Apache ActiveMQ Artemis JDBC persistence store is under development and
is included for evaluation purposes./

Is it still true?

Why is it just for evaluation?

Is it planned to resolve it? If yes, in which version it will be resolved?

Also the list of supported database seems to be obsolete, because I saw that
there are already implementations for derby and oracle persistence.

We will need to replace activemq-artemis with ActiveMQ as embedded broker in
our wildfly, if it is still just experimental, because of our company
policy. As far as I see, it is possible, but has some drawbacks in terms of
recovery. It would be better, if we could use artemis.