Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Rectanus <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/03 22:32:36 UTC

Backport for mod_proxy_balancer env additions [Was: load balancer and http(s) sticky sessions]

On 9/15/06, Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 09/15/2006 07:41 PM, Brian Rectanus wrote:
>

> > I am thinking that there is still not a way to check if
> > BALANCER_WORKER_ROUTE == BALANCER_SESSION_ROUTE at response time since
> > I think 'SetEnvIf response ...' will not resolve env vars it did not
>
> Yes, this is true. It was also my first thought to go this way and having setenvif
> work on responses seems to be nice anyway (apart from balancing stuff).
> But after a brief look I found that comparing two environment variables with setenvif
> requires quite a bunch of changes to mod_setenvif and aboves patch seems to be a quicker
> way (and still a good way) to get what is wanted.
>
> > set (at least that is what the docs hint at - have not tried).
> >
> > So, this BALANCER_ROUTE_CHANGED patch is still needed.  I have been
> > meaning to send it but you got to it first :)  Will you commit that to
> > trunk?
>
> Yes, this is my intention. I am just waiting for some further comments and then I will commit it.
>

> > Also, I would like my patches (now in trunk) and this additional
> > BALANCER_ROUTE_CHANGED patch to go into the next 2.2.x release if that
>
> Once the above patch is in I will propose them for backport to 2.2.x.
>
> > seems ok.  Is this something you would do, or do you want me to put
> > togeather a 2.2.x patch?
>
> I guess you already did most of it:
>
> You tested it.
> You gave feedback.
> You even provided documentation (hadn't time to review it so far).
>
> Thanks for that.
>

> Regards
>
> R�diger

Here is a backport to 2.2.x branch with my env vars (code and docs)
from trunk and your BALANCER_ROUTE_CHANGED addition with docs as well.

Would you please apply?

Thanks,
-B

Re: Backport for mod_proxy_balancer env additions [Was: load balancer and http(s) sticky sessions]

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

On 11/03/2006 10:32 PM, Brian Rectanus wrote:

> Here is a backport to 2.2.x branch with my env vars (code and docs)
> from trunk and your BALANCER_ROUTE_CHANGED addition with docs as well.
>
> Would you please apply?

I proposed the appropriate revisions from trunk for backport as r471271

(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=471271&view=rev)

Now we need to wait for the 2 missing votes.

Thanks for sending the patch.

Regards

Rüdiger