Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Alex Herbert <ah...@apache.org> on 2020/09/01 14:52:24 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Codec 1.15 Released

The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the availability of
version 1.15 of "Apache Commons Codec".

The Apache Commons Codec package contains simple encoders and
decoders for various formats such as Base64 and Hexadecimal. In
addition to these widely used encoders and decoders, the codec
package also maintains a collection of phonetic encoding utilities.

Changes in this version include:

New features:
o CODEC-290:  Base16Codec and Base16Input/OutputStream.
              Thanks to Adam Retter.
o CODEC-291:  Hex encode/decode with existing arrays.
              Thanks to Adam Retter.

Fixed Bugs:
o CODEC-264:  MurmurHash3: Ensure hash128 maintains the sign extension
              bug. Thanks to Andy Seaborne.

Changes:
o CODEC-280:  Base32/Base64/BCodec: Added strict decoding property to
              control handling of trailing bits. Default lenient mode
              discards them without error. Strict mode raise an
              exception.
o CODEC-289:  Base32/Base64 Input/OutputStream: Added strict decoding
              property to control handling of trailing bits. Default
              lenient mode discards them without error. Strict mode
              raise an exception.

Historical list of changes:
  https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-codec/changes-report.html

For complete information on Commons Codec, including instructions on
how to submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement,
see the Apache Commons Codec website:
  https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-codec/

Distribution packages can be downloaded from the following page:
  https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-codec/download_codec.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file
available at
  https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

Maven artifacts are also available in the central Maven repository:
  https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/commons-codec/commons-codec

  <groupId>commons-codec</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-codec</artifactId>
  <version>1.15</version>

Alex Herbert,
On behalf of the Apache Commons Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Codec 1.15 Released

Posted by Adam Retter <ad...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Thanks very much for getting the release out :-)

--
Adam Retter

skype: adam.retter
tweet: adamretter
http://www.adamretter.org.uk

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Codec 1.15 Released

Posted by Adam Retter <ad...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
> In addition I should have said sorry and next time I will wait longer. I
> appreciate there are a lot of servers and maybe I got lucky with the ones I
> was watching for replication.

No need to apologize: We don't have to inspect all the slow
mirrors...
IMHO, you did more than expected, by actively checking that
some server provided the released material.

> Fingers crossed we get no missing download complaints.

I beg to differ. ;-)
That would show that people are eagerly waiting for what is
done here!

Gilles

>>> [...]

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Codec 1.15 Released

Posted by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com>.
In addition I should have said sorry and next time I will wait longer. I
appreciate there are a lot of servers and maybe I got lucky with the ones I
was watching for replication.

Fingers crossed we get no missing download complaints.

Alex

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.
Nice work Alex!

Posted by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com>.