Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by David Jourard <cg...@bytesinteractive.com> on 2000/07/03 20:02:39 UTC

Can't find Apache::DBI on Win32 version

Hi,

I'm running the win32 version.

I changed the httpd.conf file to include: Apache::DBI

I get that it cannot be found. I"ve setup the path inside httpd file as

<perl>
push @INC,qw(c:/perl/site/5.6.0/lib
              c:/perl/5.6.0/lib
              c:/perl/5.6.0/lib/MSWin32-x86
              c:/perl/5.6.0/lib
              c:/perl/site/5.6.0/lib/MSWin32-x86
              c:/perl/site/5.6.0/lib
             );
</perl>

Does anyone know what the quick fix is. Can I just drop this perl module
in. Also I tried to find it but couldn't.

Thanks
David

Re: Can't find Apache::DBI on Win32 version

Posted by David Jourard <cg...@bytesinteractive.com>.
Hi,

At 03:30 PM 7/3/00 -0500, Randy Kobes wrote:
>http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/M/ME/MERGL/,
>unpack it, and run
>    perl Makefile.PL
>    nmake
>    nmake install
>If you don't have nmake, you can get a self-extracting archive
>from ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/MSLFILES/nmake15.exe.

This worked but now I get upon start up of the apache httpd daemon:

defined(@array) is deprecated at c:/Perl/site/5.6.0/lib/Apache/DBI.pm

line 135 (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)

I didn't find this.

Any ideas what to do .

Posted by daniel <da...@ecs-trade.com>.

Randy Kobes wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, David Jourard wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running the win32 version.
> > I changed the httpd.conf file to include: Apache::DBI
> > I get that it cannot be found.
> [ ... ]
>
> Apache::DBI doesn't need a C compiler to install, so you
> should be able to just do
>    c:\> perl -MCPAN -e shell
>    cpan> install Apache::DBI
> Or, alternatively, get the distribution from
> http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/M/ME/MERGL/,
> unpack it, and run
>    perl Makefile.PL
>    nmake
>    nmake install
> If you don't have nmake, you can get a self-extracting archive
> from ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/MSLFILES/nmake15.exe.
[ ... ]
Then, If you are using AuthDBI.pm you'll need to comment out
lines 6 & 7 (use IPC::SysV and use strict)
Well, thats what I needed to do anyway. YMMV

Daniel

Re: Can't find Apache::DBI on Win32 version

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, David Jourard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running the win32 version.
> I changed the httpd.conf file to include: Apache::DBI
> I get that it cannot be found.
[ ... ]

Apache::DBI doesn't need a C compiler to install, so you
should be able to just do
   c:\> perl -MCPAN -e shell
   cpan> install Apache::DBI
Or, alternatively, get the distribution from
http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/M/ME/MERGL/,
unpack it, and run
   perl Makefile.PL
   nmake
   nmake install
If you don't have nmake, you can get a self-extracting archive
from ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/MSLFILES/nmake15.exe.

best regards,
randy kobes