Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andoni <an...@indigo.ie> on 2003/12/03 13:19:53 UTC

NotSerializableException: StandardSessionFacade

I managed to get around the other problem with DBCP by removing the implements Serializable from the connection pooling bean.  Now I am left with a problem I can't solve though as I cannot affect the: org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade

Each of my beans have an init() method that takes ServletContext and HttpSession as parameters so that they can call other beans at these levels.  Are these the Sessions that I am being asked to serialize or remove?

If so how can I do this?

StandardHost[www.myhost.com]: Removing web application at context path
StandardManager[]: Cannot serialize session attribute userSession for session A8D7FCFB58E0D018D6C1E07E64368A88
java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1143)
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:361)

Thanks as ever.

Andoni.