Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/12/23 14:18:34 UTC

Anyone feel in need of something to do during the holiday-lockdown?

Hi all,

so if you happen to be looking for something sensible to do while in lockdown during the christmas holidays.
I think I have something for you :)

While mspec allows us to really quickly develop new drivers, it's a bit of a pain do debug or find syntax-errors.
We always deamed of having a plugin in IntelliJ to automatically do the syntax checking and provide instant feedback.

Now I stumbled over this repo:
https://github.com/antlr/jetbrains-plugin-sample

Which seems to do something exactly like that for an example language.

So if anyone here would like to have a shot at this, this would probably be the best thing you could do for the project :-)

Any volunteers?

I'm working on Auto-Discovery for KNX in PLC4Go at the moment which will just be the first protocol and language to get this extension ...
I'll probably port things back to Java as soon as I have something usable and some time to do it.

Chris

Re: Anyone feel in need of something to do during the holiday-lockdown?

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Do you have an antlr grammar?
There is a plugin to bridge those to idea language plugins

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Warning; The example in JetBrains documentation is far too simplistic to
actually tackle a "real" grammar, and the documentation beyond that is
really sparse and one is mostly alone in trying to figure things out. I
have a non-completed example of that; Pony Language plugin, and I basically
gave up after basic highlighting. See
https://github.com/niclash/pony-idea-plugin

Good Luck
Niclas

AW: Anyone feel in need of something to do during the holiday-lockdown?

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.