Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com> on 2009/12/10 06:54:17 UTC

build.xml file scanning

Hi,

Looking to give the following user experience.

We have directories in the following order

A has sub dirs B which inrun has sub dir C.

directory C has build.xml file.

When the user runs ant from directory A or B (both these directories does
not have build.xml) is it possible to say do you want run directory C's
build.xml rather than current error of saying build.xml file does not
exists.

If yes, how do we handle this kind of error situation.

Regards,
Nagendra

Regards,
Nagendra

AW: build.xml file scanning

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
Ant is looking for a "build.xml" in the current directory.
With -f you could specify a buildfile to use.
-find will search for a "build.xml" - from the current directory up to the root directory.

Searching from a directory deeper in the filesystem wouldnt be helpful.
If you only have a A/B/C/build.xml this could be done.
But what if your depth is 25 instead of 3 and your width-per-node is 20 instead of 1 (subdirectories per directory)?
The search would take too long and maybe you'll find another buildfile earlier ...

Jan