Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by yosemite <km...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/20 12:46:37 UTC

Tapestry5 and WebSphere6.1

Hello everybody,

I tried to deploy a T5 application that works fine on Jetty and Tomcat onto
WebSphere 6.1.0.3, and although the app deploys OK, TapestryFilter does not
get invoked on url-patterrn /* so I get HTTP 404.

SystemOut.log contains lines like
... [WebContainer : 1] DEBUG
org.apache.tapestry.ioc.services.TapestryIOCModule.ClassFactory  - Creating
class from ClassFab[
public class $ServletApplicationInitializer_113e33644e7 extends
java.lang.Object
  implements org.apache.tapestry.services.ServletApplicationInitializer
private final org.apache.tapestry.ioc.ObjectCreator _creator;
public
$ServletApplicationInitializer_113e33644e7(org.apache.tapestry.ioc.ObjectCreator
$1)
_creator = $1;
... so I guess WAS can load Tapestry OK. Is there something blocking
Tapestry5 on WebSphere 6.1?

Any ideas, please
Thanks
Karel

Re: Tapestry5 and WebSphere6.1

Posted by Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi

That's very nice that you've posted your web.xml here, it seems
somehow strange for me because I woudln't expect filter without any
servlets inside.

I've checked tapestry quickstart and it seems that the same configuration there.
I guess here is minor differences in the servlet container
implementation are the problem, usually client specified web.xml is
kind of extending vendor provided web.xml which for WS might be a bit
different.
Try to create a fake servlet that will accept everything "/*" and run
example again.

Renat

On 24/07/07, yosemite <km...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> and
> \profiles\AppSrv01\installedApps\MyPCNode01Cell\TestApp.ear\TestWeb.war\Start.html
>
> but still HTTP 404. There is also
>
> \profiles\AppSrv01\installedApps\MyPCNode01Cell\TestApp.ear\TestWeb.war\index.jsp
>
> which works perfect and this guy gets the TapestryFilter invoked, each
> index.jsp invokation displays a message to console:
>
> org.apache.tapestry.services.TapestryModule.RequestGlobals  - Invoking
> constructor org.apache.tapestry.internal.services.RequestGlobalsImpl() (at
> RequestGlobalsImpl.java:31).
> [24.7.07 11:38:05:921 SELČ] 00000021 SystemOut     O 1389031 [WebContainer :
> 3] DEBUG org.apache.tapestry.ioc.services.TapestryIOCModule.ThreadLocale  -
> Invoking constructor
> org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.services.ThreadLocaleImpl() (at
> ThreadLocaleImpl.java:26).
>
> Thanks for any comment
> Karel
>
> ___
>
> Renat Zubairov wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Could you may be post your web.xml here because 404 means that
> > servelet mappings might be incorrect. Otherwise it's very strange.
> >
> > Renat
> >
> > On 23/07/07, yosemite <km...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> thanks. Security on WebSphere is turned off. I also tried to modify to
> >> was.policy with no success:
> >>
> >> grant codeBase "file:${application}" {
> >>         permission java.security.AllPermission;
> >> };
> >>
> >> Funny thing is that a default welcome jsp gets displayed OK and Tapestry
> >> filter seems to get invoked OK because
> >> http://localhost:9080/TestWeb/index.jsp displays:
> >>
> >> [WebContainer : 2] DEBUG
> >> org.apache.tapestry.ioc.services.TapestryIOCModule.ThreadLocale  -
> >> Invoking
> >> constructor org.apache.tapestry.ioc.internal.services.ThreadLocaleImpl()
> >> (at
> >> ThreadLocaleImpl.java:26).
> >>
> >> in the console; while anything like http://localhost:9080/TestWeb/start
> >> says
> >> HTTP 404 - File not found.
> >>
> >> Maybe deployment descriptor mapping
> >>
> >> <context-param>
> >>         <!-- The only significant configuration for Tapestry 5, this
> >> informs
> >> Tapestry of where to look for pages, components and mixins. -->
> >>                 <param-name>tapestry.app-package</param-name>
> >>                 <param-value>cz.test</param-value>
> >>         </context-param>
> >>
> >> works different in WebSphere? I have packaged my Tapestry class and html
> >> into
> >> TestApp.ear\TestWeb.war\WEB-INF\classes\ and Tapestry cannot find it
> >> there?
> >>
> >> Karel

> >> does

> >> org.apache.tapestry.services.ServletApplicationInitializer
> >> >>
> >> $ServletApplicationInitializer_113e33644e7(org.apache.tapestry.ioc.ObjectCreator

Best regards,
Renat Zubairov

Re: Tapestry5 and WebSphere6.1

Posted by yosemite <km...@hotmail.com>.
Hello Renat,

Posted by Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi

> [...]

> >> WebSphere 6.1.0.3, and although the app deploys OK, TapestryFilter does
> >> not
> >> get invoked on url-patterrn /* so I get HTTP 404.
> >>
> >> SystemOut.log contains lines like
> >> ... [WebContainer : 1] DEBUG
> >> org.apache.tapestry.ioc.services.TapestryIOCModule.ClassFactory  -
> >> Creating
> >> class from ClassFab[
> >> public class $ServletApplicationInitializer_113e33644e7 extends
> >> java.lang.Object
> >>   implements org.apache.tapestry.services.ServletApplicationInitializer
> >> private final org.apache.tapestry.ioc.ObjectCreator _creator;
> >> public
> >> $ServletApplicationInitializer_113e33644e7(org.apache.tapestry.ioc.ObjectCreator
> >> $1)
> >> _creator = $1;
> >> ... so I guess WAS can load Tapestry OK. Is there something blocking

Best regards,
Renat Zubairov

Re: Tapestry5 and WebSphere6.1

Posted by yosemite <km...@hotmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Is security on the WebSphere on?

I had significant problems in WS 5 with Security ON because of
Javassist bug with classloaders.

Renat

On 20/07/07, yosemite <km...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I tried to deploy a T5 application that works fine on Jetty and Tomcat onto
> WebSphere 6.1.0.3, and although the app deploys OK, TapestryFilter does not
> get invoked on url-patterrn /* so I get HTTP 404.
>
> SystemOut.log contains lines like
> ... [WebContainer : 1] DEBUG
> org.apache.tapestry.ioc.services.TapestryIOCModule.ClassFactory  - Creating
> class from ClassFab[
> public class $ServletApplicationInitializer_113e33644e7 extends
> java.lang.Object
>   implements org.apache.tapestry.services.ServletApplicationInitializer
> private final org.apache.tapestry.ioc.ObjectCreator _creator;
> public
> $ServletApplicationInitializer_113e33644e7(org.apache.tapestry.ioc.ObjectCreator
> $1)
> _creator = $1;
> ... so I guess WAS can load Tapestry OK. Is there something blocking
> Tapestry5 on WebSphere 6.1?
>
> Any ideas, please
> Thanks
> Karel