Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2012/11/18 16:35:31 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Turbine Parent POM 2 released

The Turbine team is pleased to announce the turbine-parent-2 release!

This is the Parent POM for the Apache Turbine and Fulcrum project.
Despite it's version 2 this is the first official release. This POM is
supposed to be used as parent for all modules in the Apache Turbine Project.

Changes in this version include:

New features:
o Add customization of apache-release profile

Changes:
o Move changelog to standard location
o Update Apache Parent POM to version 11 and remove all duplicate settings

Removed:
o Remove definition of dummy repository as Nexus now is supposed to
handle actual promotion of artifacts.
o Remove old release and rc profiles

Have fun!
-Turbine team

Re: Antwort: [ANNOUNCE] Turbine Parent POM 2 released

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
On 19.11.12 09:52, Georg Kallidis wrote:
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.
> 12:test (default-test) on project turbine: No tests were executed!  (Set
> -DfailI
> fNoTests=false to ignore this error.) -> [Help 1]
>
> Environment: Maven 3.0.4, Java 1.6.0_29, 32bit, windows xp (the same for
> Java 1.7 and windows 7, c.p.). May be this is a windows problem. I
> digged not much further into details, might be related to a fork issue
> resolved in version 2.12.2.

Maven 2.2.1/JDK 1.6.0_37/Mac OSX 10.6 works fine here.

> As the parent is just released, we have to overwrite the surefire
> version in the turbine trunk, if we do not want instantly move to a
> newer parent.
>
> Anyone with a better idea?

Well, the people at commons release their parent pom with "lazy
consensus", i. e. if nobody objects, the artifact is pushed out. Do we
want to do something similar? Opinions?

In any case, please do the fixes for the POM in the 3-SNAPSHOT and try a
"mvn deploy" (given that your Maven setup is prepared as described in
http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#dev-env). I'll
try with Maven 2.2.1 then.

Bye, Thomas.

Antwort: [ANNOUNCE] Turbine Parent POM 2 released

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
I have problems to get the tests running for the Turbine trunk
4.0-M2-SNAPSHOT.

I need to update to surefire plugin version to 2.12.2 at least (2.12.4
ok too), the current version is 2.12 in the new parent.

Otherwise I get the error:
[INFO]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.
12:test (default-test) on project turbine: No tests were executed!  (Set
-DfailI
fNoTests=false to ignore this error.) -> [Help 1]

Environment: Maven 3.0.4, Java 1.6.0_29, 32bit, windows xp (the same for
Java 1.7 and windows 7, c.p.). May be this is a windows problem. I
digged not much further into details, might be related to a fork issue
resolved in version 2.12.2.

perTest seems to be deprecated too, we might better use "always"?

As the parent is just released, we have to overwrite the surefire
version in the turbine trunk, if we do not want instantly move to a
newer parent.

Anyone with a better idea?

Best regards, Georg