Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/11 03:15:29 UTC

Reply to Tamir about

Hi Tamir,

I cannot send the reply from your thread (always receive failed delivered
message from google), so I reply to you in this thread.

The register command will cause the udf jar been packaged with pig.jar, and
the resulted jar is the mapredue job jar. If you do not want to been
bothered to register the udf jar every time, maybe one solution is that you
can upload the external jar to hdfs first, and then make configuration on
mapred-site.xml or pig.properties under the conf folder. Because the method
DistributedCache.addFileToClassPath do nothing except setting some
configuration of the external library. The the following is the
configuration sample:

    <property>
        <name>mapred.cache.files</name>
        <value>/data/jeff/lib/external.jar</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>mapred.job.classpath.files</name>
        <value>/data/jeff/lib/external.jar</value>
    </property>

I have tried this method, it works.

--
Best Regards