Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> on 2005/09/01 12:25:12 UTC

Re: Page navigation in table component

Matt Doran <matt.doran <at> papercut.biz> writes:

> We're using Tapestry 3.0.3 and make a lot of use of the Table component.  I'd
> like to have the page navigation links (that allow you to navigate through the
> pages) at the both the top and bottom of the table.

Have you tried putting two TablePages in a TableView? Each TablePages will
display the navigation links.

--
Author of e-book for learning Tapestry (www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

Re: Page navigation in table component

Posted by Matt Doran <ma...@papercut.biz>.
Andreas Andreou <andyhot <at> di.uoa.gr> writes:

> Kent Tong wrote:
>
> >Matt Doran <matt.doran <at> papercut.biz> writes:
> >

> >>We're using Tapestry 3.0.3 and make a lot of use of the Table component.
 I'd
> >>like to have the page navigation links (that allow you to navigate
through the
> >>pages) at the both the top and bottom of the table.
> >>

> >Have you tried putting two TablePages in a TableView? Each TablePages will
> >display the navigation links.
> >

> Yep, that's the way!
> Some more details are here:

http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr/blojsom/blog/default/java/?permalink=
Tapestrys_Table.html&smm=y
> and also check out the FilteringTable component (drop-in replacement of
> contrib:Table) at
> http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr/tapfx/app?service=page/FilteringTable

Thanks for this Anreas!  I looked briefly at your FilteredTable and I guess
I'll
use that as a guide.

I've done quite a bit of work with Tapestry, but we always use the table
component like this:

        source="ognl:tableModel"
        columns="!icon, userName, fullName, email"
        initialSortColumn="userName"
        rowsClass="ognl:beans.evenOdd.next"
        pageSize="ognl:recordsPerPage"/>

>From what I can tell your the FilteredTable we'd have to implement our own
table component that wraps the contrib:Table, redefining all the table
properties, etc. Is that correct?

Cheers,

Matt

Re: Page navigation in table component