Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Hoy, Samantha SSA-CORAR11" <Sa...@shell.co.za> on 2002/09/11 11:17:41 UTC

Tomcat 'out of environment space' message

 Hi everyone

 Thanks to those who offered assistance for the 'out of environment space'
mesg... it works ! :-)

 Would I have to set classpaths or is this done automatically on
installation ?
 I reason I ask is because I see I have 2 autoexec.bat files on my machine..
one on c:\autoexec.bat
 and the other under c:\tomcat\autoexec.bat ... presumably one should only
have one
 autoexec.bat file! I think I have 2 separate versions because I installed a
different version of
 Tomcat on my machine and the autoexec.bat file was on that cd when I copied
it across .
 I viewed the c:\tomcat\autoexec.bat file and decided to move the 'SET
classpath' settings
 to the c:\autoexec.bat file , and it had disasterous consequences
...couldn't load Win98 !

 I managed to salvage my machine , and restored the autoexec.bat files to
their original format .
 The question is one supposed to have more than one autoexec.bat file and
can I put all the
 settings in one file (I noticed that both files differ quite drastically) .

 Thanks
 Samantha