Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dmeeetreee <dm...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/24 09:32:54 UTC

Camel-in-Action : CXF Contract First

We're in the process of re-platforming part of our integration capability to
FuseSource with Apache Camel.

Just going over some of our existing web services I had a look on the
Camel-in-Action sample code with CXF, and got a bit stuck on the example.

What I see is that 'mvn test' runs fine with no failures, however when I
start it up with 'mvn camel:run', and use a Soap client tool (SoapUI,
XMLSpy) to first import the WSDL and then send a request, I can see my soap
body in the response is always empty.

After I added some extra logging in the route, first a log message which
displays the $(body) just after the from uri="cxf:bean:orderEndpoint", and
then a log with showAll=true&amp;multiline=true, before and after setting
the 'OK' as a response in the ransform there is some more funnies:

When I run the mvn test, the output for the body is 'motor' the first of the
3 parameters sent in the test class (params.add("motor"); params.add(1);
params.add("honda"); If I send it via my SOAP tool there is nothing logged.
In both cases I see the Body is set to 'OK', with BodyType String (and out
is null) however that 'OK' does not make it back when sending my request via
the Soap tool.

Am I missing something?