Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com> on 2015/11/28 07:25:14 UTC

[DISCUSS] Sentry maturity assessment document

Hi folks,

Here is the initial draft of Sentry maturity assessment:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENTRY/Sentry+maturity+assessment

Mentors & community members: Your feedback is valuable here. Looking
forward to constructive criticism if any, which can help the Sentry
community and its graduation.

Also, I had a couple quick questions while drafting this.
1. How do projects usually keep track of list of external dependencies? Is
it just reading through the maven pom file? Or is there a standard way?
2. What is the source of truth for ICLAs? How do we double check all new
committers have ICLAs filed apart from reading through the private mail
archives?

Sravya Tirukkovalur

Re: [DISCUSS] Sentry maturity assessment document

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks for the idea Lenni! I did reach out on general@ and looks like[1] we
do not need to deal with licenses of external dependencies as they are not
part of our source release as long as they are Apache compatible. So we are
good.

[1]:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201601.mbox/%3C58DC821E-9418-4CD5-B99C-EE51364C2684%40classsoftware.com%3E

Posted by Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>.