Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ma...@bmw.ch on 2006/11/13 08:52:39 UTC

RE: PageLink with parameters?

Try ExternalLink (
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/tapestry/ComponentReference/Externa
lLink.html )

________________________________

	From: Mark [mailto:lists@mark-arnold.net]
	Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 8:44 AM
	To: Tapestry users
	Subject: PageLink with parameters?

	Hello,

	I have a page that I want to call using a PageLink, but I need
to pass in a parameter. How can I do that?

	What I want to do is have a page (lets call it DbTableDataPage)
that displays the content of a certain database table. The page will be
generic and work for any table in the database, so I need to pass in the
table name when I call the page, so that I know which table to read out.

	What is the easiest way to do this?

	I know I could probably use DirectLink, but that would require
all pages that call my DbTableDataPage to have a listener in order to be
able to pass the table name through as a parameter - since pretty much
any page in my application would potentially call the DbTableDataPage, I
would probably need to add the listener to my BasePage.
	The reason I do not like that too much is that it seems like
every time I had some very basic listener or behaviour like this, I
would have to add it to my BasePage, so I am afraid that at the end my
BasePage object will be a huge monster with a collection of all kinds of
different stuff.

	What else could I do? Should I create a DbTableDataPageInvoker
component and try to separate out the logic like that?

	Thanks,

	MARK

	P.S.: I am using T4.0 - after 1 or 2 months of learning the
basics, I took a break from Tapestry for over half a year, so now I am
trying to dig out what little knowledge I had gathered earlier this
year... By the way - is T4.1 production status yet? I tried to find
something regarding its status on the website but could not find any
conclusive indication...