Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/31 21:24:12 UTC

TeamCity installation for OpenJPA

Hi,

I've set up a TeamCity installation for OpenJPA to run our test suites
in a variety of configurations.

I have it set up to automatically run a number of configurations on
svn checkin. Currently, the Derby tests and the enhancement-based TCK
+ upload should both pass successfully; the Postgres and HSQL tests
both have problems, as do the non-enhancement-based TCK runs.

It is also running a Derby TCK + upload configuration against the
1.0.x branch, and of course, that is currently passing as well.

It's running TeamCity version 2.1.1, which seems to properly deal with
remote checkins from IntelliJ. This means that it's possible to kick
off a battery of tests against the remote machine, and if they pass,
your local IntelliJ IDE will receive a notification of success and
automatically check in the changes. I'm not sure what happens if you
make further changes to the same files during the elapsed time of the
test run; my assumption would be that it should be smart enough to
just check in the changes that were made remotely. Allegedly, a
similar capability exists for Eclipse as well.

TeamCity does not yet do server-side checkins after a successful test
run, so if you disconnect your computer, the changes won't make it in
until the next time you fire up your IDE. I think that they are
working on server-side checkins for a future release.

Let me know if you're interested in an account on the server.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: TeamCity installation for OpenJPA

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
Oh, and due to some mvn / surefire issues that I haven't really
investigated, the number of test cases run (and the number of failed
tests) is very highly inflated.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey