Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/06 15:12:48 UTC

Review needed for 1.6.6 fix

This is a relatively simple change that impacts people using SVN in
Eclipse on most versions of Linux.

 * r39692
   Fix issue #3498: Subversion password stores freeze Eclipse
   Justification:
     All subclipse users are in great need of this.
   Branch:
     Resolves a minor conflict in libsvn_auth_gnome_keyring/gnome_keyring.c
     where the code changed was refactored on trunk.
     ^/branches/1.6.x-r39692
   Votes:
     +1: stylesen

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2404133

Re: Review needed for 1.6.6 fix

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 17:18 +0100, Julian Foad wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 12:01 -0400, Mark Phippard wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks to your helpful guidance I have now got as far as installing all
> > > the necessary bits and reproducing the problem. (Eclipse quits saying
> > > "JVM terminated" when I try to do "Show History" on say the COMMITTERS
> > > file in my Subversion trunk WC.)
> >
> > You should be able to follow this workaround in the FAQ to turn off
> > the keyring feature and see that it no longer crashes:
> >
> > http://subclipse.tigris.org/wiki/JavaHL#head-3a1d2d3c54791d2d751794e5d6645f1d77d95b32
>
> Urgh, it still crashes. Not so simple. Must have the wrong version of
> something.

FYI I got as far as installing a fresh version of Eclipse and
pre-packaged Svn, JavaHL, Subclipse, and at least I can now do
Subversion ops without it crashing. Didn't get as far as connecting it
to my self-built versions of Subversion to tickle the bug and test the
fix, though.

- Julian

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2408259

Re: Review needed for 1.6.6 fix

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2404573

Re: Review needed for 1.6.6 fix

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2404569

Re: Review needed for 1.6.6 fix

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 10:38 -0400, Mark Phippard wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-10-06, Mark Phippard wrote:
> >> This is a relatively simple change that impacts people using SVN in
> >> Eclipse on most versions of Linux.
> >>
> >>  * r39692
> >>    Fix issue #3498: Subversion password stores freeze Eclipse
> >>    Justification:
> >>      All subclipse users are in great need of this.
> >>    Branch:
> >>      Resolves a minor conflict in libsvn_auth_gnome_keyring/gnome_keyring.c
> >>      where the code changed was refactored on trunk.
> >>      ^/branches/1.6.x-r39692
> >>    Votes:
> >>      +1: stylesen
> >
> > I have now built Subversion --with-gnome-keyring. Where can I find a
> > guide to setting up Eclipse to use my freshly built Subversion 1.6.x?
> > (It's a year since I last looked at setting up Eclipse with Subversion
> > so I've forgotten it all.)
> >
> > And then how would I activate and test the gnome-keyring bug?
>
> There is info here:
>
> http://subclipse.tigris.org/wiki/JavaHL
>
> Start by following the Subclipse install instructions, which you can see here:
>
> http://subclipse.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectProcess?pageID=p4wYuA
>
> The wiki tells you how to point Eclipse at the JavaHL you have built.
> To see the bug, access a repository that requires authentication.
> Eclipse will lock up/crash.  With the bug fixed, you should get the
> gnome-keyring GUI prompt to unlock the keyring.

Thanks to your helpful guidance I have now got as far as installing all
the necessary bits and reproducing the problem. (Eclipse quits saying
"JVM terminated" when I try to do "Show History" on say the COMMITTERS
file in my Subversion trunk WC.)

Now I need to build the JavaHL bindings in my own Subversion build so I
can try the fix.

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2404561

Re: Review needed for 1.6.6 fix

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.