Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ladroge <la...@hotmail.fr> on 2008/06/10 11:36:23 UTC

How to create Permission

Hi
I want to create some permission rules on my catalogs. In the application we
have some permission such as: ACCOUNT_ADMIN, FULL_ADMIN,

How can i create a specific permission which can give priority on catalogs
or product for user;

Thanks

Re: How to create Permission

Posted by to...@gmail.com.
Ladroge,

There is a "SecurityPermission" entity which describes granular security
permissions, which could be for a particular page or a particular service.

SecurityPermission is a two part string, separated by an "_". The first part
specifies the application, the second part the operation allowed. Thus, you
could have a permission like " CATALOG_CREATE" which means that the user
with this permission can create information in the catalog manager. Some
permissions end in _ADMIN, such as  CATALOG_ADMIN. Those permissions
automatically have the right to every operation in the application.

Individual security permissions are grouped together into groups with the
"SecurityPermissionGroup" entity which groups these permissions together.
For example, you can create a specific sets of permissions for customer
service representatives who can view customer information, enter orders, but
not make purchase orders or access internal manufacturing, accounting, or
payroll information and functions.

Each SecurityPermissionGroup is associated with a UserLogin. A Party, which
can be a Person or a PartyGroup (ie, organization) can be associated with
multiple UserLogins. Thus, a Person can have some logins with more
permission and some with less, which can be helpful with larger customers
(or larger families, for that matter.)

I hope it might be helpful for you.
On 6/10/08, ladroge <la...@hotmail.fr> wrote:

> Hi
> I want to create some permission rules on my catalogs. In the application
> we
> have some permission such as: ACCOUNT_ADMIN, FULL_ADMIN,
>
> How can i create a specific permission which can give priority on catalogs
> or product for user;
>
> Thanks

Anil Soni
Software Engineer
Amicon Technologies Private Limited
6th Floor - Unique Tower, Behind Patel Patrol Pump,
Goregaon (W), Mumbai MH
Contact no.- +91-9892271357

Re: How to create Permission

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Please take a look at the following link as well :-
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/OFBiz+security

You can play with GUI by the following link and the sublink on this page (I
guess the code tracing and finding related Entities are not a big deal for
you now :-))
https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/FindSecurityGroup

ProductStoreRole , QuoteRole , RequirementRole & AgreementRole entities are
used to help and create the Role based security.

--
Ashish

Re: How to create Permission

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
As I said that ProductStoreRole entity is used to set the Role based
permission.
ProductStore comes at the top in Hierarchy of (ProductStore --> Catalog -->
Category (& Subcategory) --> Product).
So you can set the permission for the user (with specific role) on the
ProductStore and put your catalog inside it.
Please take a look at the GUI for it :-
https://localhost:8443/catalog/control/EditProductStoreRoles?productStoreId=9000

I am not sure if any entity exists to set role based permission on Catalog
and Categories.
You can propose the entities for handling role based permission on Catalog
and Category and see what Community has to say about it.

--
Ashish

Re: How to create Permission

Re: How to create Permission